Interactive Electronic Technical Publications
Technical manuals (e.g. operation, maintenance, training, etc.) published in electronic format are becoming more and more popular than paper based manuals for their interactivity, convenience and ease of use. These electronic technical manuals are termed as Interactive Electronic Technical Publications (IETP) or Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM), and they have rich features such as:
- Suitability on various devices (computers, laptops and tablets)
- Screen renditions can include material derived from data stored in textual, graphical, audio or video formats in the Common Source Database (CSDB)
- Completely hyperlinked table of contents
- Frame oriented instead of being page oriented
- Powerful search capabilities with hyperlinks to referenced text and illustrations
- Animated and interactive 3D interactive graphics to display parts and assemblies
- Historical record of changes
- Conditional branching mechanisms
ISSEL NORD’s SIMPLICIO NXT Software Suite is able to perfectly manage ASD S1000D Technical Publications, from the creation of Data Modules to the fruition of complete publications through a PDF style sheet or an HTML IETP viewer.
Check our dedicated sections for more information on how to manage Interactive Electronic Technical Publications, and how to integrate them with data extracted from Provisioning Lists and LSA Records.